Congrats ?Bridgitte on becoming our Feb Diva of the month!!!
Q:???Do you rock a perms? Are your transitioning? Or are you Natural?
- A: ? I had a relaxer from 12-17 years old. I transitioned for 8 months, then cut my hair. The original plan was to transition for a full year but I was super impatient and was anxious to see my natural texture. I have officially been natural since December 2011, so just over 2 years now.
Q:???Did you big chop, if so why? And what motivated you to go natural?
- A: No, I did a mini chop. I had about 4 inches of un-relaxed hair when I cut it. I decided to go natural during the summer before my first year of college. During that time, I came across photos from my childhood and?realized how much healthier/longer my hair was before I started getting relaxers. Following that realization, I discovered the natural hair community on YouTube and began researching ways to transition.
- A: ?I guess my hair would be considered mainly 4B. People have always described my hair as “thick” (even when I had a relaxer).
Q:?? What do you love most about your hair?
- A: ?I love the versatility of my natural hair, which is very important for me because I am easily bored with just one hairstyle.
Q:???What are some of your favorite hairstyles?
- A: I usually wear my hair in twistouts/braidouts. On my lazy days, I just throw my hair into a puff or bun.
Q:?? What is your hair regimen (including fav products)?
- A: I cowash my hair every other week and shampoo and deep condition at least once a month. My new favorite product line is the TGIN (Thank God I’M Natural) hair products. After discovering their products, I haven’t used anything else besides my grapeseed oil (as a sealant). Their Honey Miracle Mask deep conditioner is AMAZING!
Q: ?WHY DID YOU CHOOSE MY NATURAL HAIR EXTENSIONS?
- A: ?I chose My Natural Hair Extensions after coming across a YouTube video by Nikkileshawn. I started pharmacy school this past year which has kept me extremely busy and was searching for extensions to use for my protective hairstyles. I wanted extensions that would blend easily with my natural hair texture and wouldn’t require a lot of effort/time to do so.
- A: I’m 21 years old and I am in my first year of graduate/professional school and consider myself a major YouTube addict ( I can seriously spend hours upon hours watching random YouTube videos). I can also spend hours reading when I find a good book. I love spending time with my family/friends/boyfriend when I am able to travel home during school breaks.