When I use to do hot oil treatments, my scalp would feel soothed, my hair would feel so soft and have a shine to it. It was an overall good feeling once you had it done. This is something to try when you want to put a little extra love within your hair care routine.
What Does It Do?
- Effective at sealing in moisture
- Promotes hair growth
- Leaves your hair shiny and healthy
- Add body
- Define curls
- Nourish the hair without frizz
Best Oils For Hot Oil Treatments
- Avocado Oil – use when hair is dry, this helps with the hair feeling soft and smooth
- Argan Oil- helps with treating split ends and leaving the hair soft.
- Almond Oil- conditions the hair while promoting hair growth. This oil is recommended for damaged hair or hair loss.
- Jojoba Oil – It closely resembles are scalps natural hair sebum, and it helps with manageability
- Coconut Oil – this oil is known to be gentle and lightweight. This oil helps with softening and conditioning your hair.
- Olive oil – helps with retaining moisture but it can be too heavy for a lot of hair, so mixing it with others tends to work best.
Essential Oils To Add For The Extra Boost
- Tea Tree Oil– helps with dandruff and itchy scalps, as well as removing build up.
- Ylang Ylang Oil– helps with promoting hair growth and moisture retention; also helps with masking the scent of other products.
- Rosemary Oil– helps minimize grays, relieving dry scalp, and promoting hair growth.
- Lavender– relaxing aroma and helps with dandruff relief.
- Peppermint– stimulates your scalp and dandruff relief.
More Oils for fragrance